In 2017, Crush Festival celebrates nine years of showcasing high quality arts and culture, and the provision of countless professional development opportunities for the artists who live here and throughout regional Queensland.
The Bundaberg region is an arts hub. We’re privileged to have a large number of visual artists, writers, musicians and performers living and working here, and creating a vibrant arts and cultural scene throughout our region.
Every October, the 10-day Festival gives you an opportunity to explore lots of different art forms such as street art, digital art, writing, film, theatre, circus, exhibitions, workshops, ceramics, and more, and it invites you to participate in a variety of artistic experiences.
The Festival has grown immensely over the years, attracting over 19,000 people in 2016. The dates are: October 6th to 15th 2017.
Crush Festival has a desire to become known as an international celebration of regional arts practice, with an emphasis on new and innovative ideas, emerging arts and artists, as well as highly professional working artists and works.
Crush Festival is becoming a true celebration of what it means to live and create artwork in regional areas around the world and in the meantime celebrates the achievements of the people who make up, live in, and love our region.
- Offer a new, vibrant Festival Program each year;
- Encourage growth within the Bundaberg Region’s arts sector through the development of collaborative, innovative projects;
- Promote the Bundaberg Region’s arts sector;
- Offer and promote experiences that encourage a broad range of demographics and cultural tourists to participate;
- Develop key partnerships that support the sustainable growth of the Festival;
- Document and evaluate the festival through creative processes.
Crush Festival is a Bundaberg Regional Council event managed by Creative Regions Ltd.